Setting Up a Free NTRIP Server with RTKLib’s STRSVR

STRSVR, a free Windows program included in the RTKLib package, stands for Stream Server. It’s designed to transfer and convert data streams from input to output, supporting multiple formats, including NTRIP. In this post, I will guide you through the process of using STRSVR as an NTRIP server to stream RTCM data from an RTK GNSS receiver to an Internet NTRIP caster.

In this example, I am using a TOP168 RTK USB GNSS receiver as the input stream. However, this setup is not exclusive to the TOP168; you can use any RTK GNSS receiver. In my case, the TOP168 is connected to a Windows computer and is recognized as COM16.

To start, double-click the ‘strsvr’ application file from your RTKLib download. If you haven’t downloaded RTKLib yet, please consult ‘A Step-by-Step Guide to Downloading and Installing RTKLib‘ for detailed instructions.

Setting up the input and output streams are straightforward:

1. In “(0) Input” row, choose “Serial” and hit the Opt button. Select the port and Bitrate matching your RTK GNSS Receiver’s settings – in my case, “COM16” and “115200.” Click OK.

2. In “(1) Output” row, select “NTRIP Server”. Hit the Opt button here too, and enter your NTRIP caster details. Then, click OK.

Simply click the “Start” button to start this NTRIP Server.

STRSVR will now start streaming RTCM correction data from your RTK Base GNSS receiver to your online NTRIP caster. It is important to keep it running. With this, your NTRIP caster will actively stream data and be ready to distribute the stream to your NTRIP clients.

Leave a Reply