Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Where is the p-7 Pro compatible list?

The P-7 Pro product page says, "(Attention for those who use IOS or iPadOS devices. Please make sure your app is in our p-7 Pro compatible list. If not, please do NOT buy.  P-7 Pro is not going to work with your IOS device.)"

Can you point me to your compatibility list?

Thank you.

The compatibility list for the P-7 Pro can be found in the “Apps” section on the official Columbus website:

P-7 Pro Support.

Look for apps marked with “iOS/iPadOS” – these apps are compatible with the P-7 Pro on iOS devices.

A little background:

The P-7 Pro connects to iOS devices exclusively through Bluetooth BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy). This connection requires configuration at the app level rather than the OS level. In contrast, the P-7 Pro connects to Android devices using both Bluetooth BLE and Bluetooth SPP (Serial Port Profile). Bluetooth SPP operates at the OS level, enabling the P-7 Pro to be compatible with nearly all GNSS apps running on the Android OS.

This difference arises because Apple does not permit SPP connections unless the device is Apple-certified. This is often humorously referred to as the “Apple tax”. Many hardware vendors choose not to pay for this certification, which is why the majority of SPP devices are not compatible with iOS.

Rick_E has reacted to this post.
Rick_E

Thanks for you prompt and informative reply.

When I Bluetooth pair my Garmin GLO 2 with my iPhone 13 with IOS 17.1.1, the iPhone seems to automatically substitute the GLO 2 GPS for its own iPhone internal GPS. The result is my Insta360 camera mobile app automatically uses the GLO 2 data.

If I were to pair the P-7 Pro instead of the GLO 2, would I expect the same substitution to occur?

Thanks.